Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MAC Semi-Precious Mini Haul & Thoughts

A new month...a new MAC collection.
The Semi Precious collection was actually one that I've been waiting on for a few months now, I had a list prepared and everything!  But...as pretty as it looks on display, I ended up being kinda disappointed by most of the items when I looked at it in person.  Not that there weren't some nice pieces, just didn't end up "needing" as many things as I thought.  The blushes were really pretty but they looked like something I already had in my collection, and the mineralized eyeshadows always look SO gorgeous in the pan but then don't end up looking as gorgeous on your eyes.  So I passed on those too...


Oh well, yay for my wallet!


Of course I didn't walk out without SOMETHING, so here's the two items I picked up....


First thing I made sure to put on hold was the Semi Precious Rose Quartz MSF...

Rose Quartz MSF
Outer Circle...Inner Circle...both blended together

At first I thought the outside circle looked a bit similar to Stereo Rose but...it's not.  But! It IS very pretty and nothing like any of the MSF I already have.  It's actually a really nice product since you can see from my swatches that the outer circle worn alone is a lovely pink blush, even swirled together it makes a nice light pink blush with lot of sheen.  And then the inner circle can be used as your highlight!  On my skintone I like to wear this as a pop of pink on the apples of my cheekbones, with some nice bronzer.  It really brightens up my face.

The next product I got was the lipstick in Gem Of Roses....

When I heard the description on Temptalia I thought it sounded really nice, and then when I saw it in person I thought ehhh...might be a bit dark for me.  But as soon as I swatched it I realized it is a lustre formula so it gave my lips a really gorgeous rosey pink tint and I think it looks very sophisticated and "pretty"...if you get what I mean?  I really like it!  and first day I wore it I got lots of compliments so if you're looking for a nice rosey lipstick different from anything MAC has released lately, go check this out :)

Well...there's my little haul & my thoughts...let me know if you guys picked up anything from the collection!

Thanks for reading,

xoxo
Marissa

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote a post on 'gem of roses' too! I've worn it everyday this week so far! I love the nude gaga gloss over it!!

    ReplyDelete